DO YOU WANT TO EXHIBIT YOUR WORK AT THE EXPO MILANO 2015?
SEND US YOUR PROPOSAL
On the occasion of the Expo Milano 2015, we invite Architects, Engineers, Artists, Designers and students to submit their proposals to be exhibited at our exhibition space and to be presented to a worldwide public in this Universal Exposition. Expo Milano 2015 is a part of the history of the Universal Expositions that have been celebrated all around the world since the second half of the XIX century. This year’s event will take place from the 1st of May to the 31st of October.
The theme of the Expo Milano 2015 is: Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life. The application of this theme includes architecture, agriculture, environmental issues, alternative energy sources, climate change, food security livestock farming, the adoption of genetically modified organisms and the conservation of biodiversity.
The winning entries of these proposals will occupy a designated space inside the Cascina Triulza – Civil Society Pavilion from the 29th of June to the 5th of July, dates on which we will be curating this exhibition. This is a great opportunity to show your designs to a public that is eager to see the best solutions in different disciplines.
Expo Milano 2015 stands as a platform for discussion and collaboration; themes that not only involve the questions of food production but also the broader issue of the political and economic choices that face us.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The rapid population growth during the first half of the 21st century will continue to have a greater impact on the ecosystems that nourish us, continuing loss of land and destruction, leading to greater poverty of farmland and destruction of the biodiversity. The participants that will enter into this exhibition should propose designs that concern the rapid population growth of society, taking into consideration the advantages in technology, the exploration of sustainable systems and the establishment of new urban, architectural and construction methods to provide solutions on the problems that this carries on the environments and ecosystems that nurtures us.
To provide multiple responses to these increasingly pressing themes, this “call for proposals” encourages participants to propose designs with no restriction in site, program or size. We encourage teams and individuals to take an interdisciplinary approach to meet these challenges. Expo Milano 2015 is the worldwide platform for the exposure of these problems and solutions, showing to potential parties to take action on the designs presented by the winning entries.
The proposals will be selected by the Architects that form the group Social Cooperation Architects (SCoopA), who curates the designated exhibition space at the Expo Milano 2015 throughout that week. SCoopA made the decision to open the platform to be able to present multiple entries, including our own, in order to initiate a discussion and possible cooperation between participants with a common field of interest. This way, the topic of architecture’s relation to environment, sustainability, and food production systems will receive more thought and exposure and will generate more awareness among politics, media and general public.
The winning entries are offered a guaranteed appearance in the exhibit and therefore, this is an excellent opportunity for young thinkers to exhibit and visit at the Expo Milano 2015.
Update: Agreement to conduct professional internships at top architectural offices
in order to spread the winning entries, SCoopA keeps in touch with different architectural magazines and professional blogs
CASCINA TRIULZA - CIVIL SOCIETY PAVILION
- March 5, 2015 – Competition announcement, acceptance of questions.
- April 20, 2015 – Early submission deadline (23:59 hours US Eastern Time)
- May 15, 2015 – Deadline for submitting questions
- June 15, 2015 – Late submission deadline (23:59 hours US Eastern Time)
- June 25, 2015 – Winners’ announcement
- June 29, 2015 – Exhibition begins
This is a digital competition and no hardcopies are necessary. Entrants must submit their proposal no later than June 15, 2015 (23:59 hours US Eastern Time), late submission deadline. Participants should submit their files to the email direction firstname.lastname@example.org
The project submission must contain the following files:
- Two boards with the project information that the participants consider necessary to explain their proposal (plans, sections, and perspectives). These boards should be 24″(h) X 36″(w) in HORIZONTAL format. The resolution of the boards must be 150 dpi, RGB mode and saved as JPG files. The upper right corner of each board must contain the name of the project. There should not be any marks or any other form of identification. The files must be named after the name of the project followed by the board number. For example: “name_of_the_project-1.jpg” and “name_of_the_project-2.jpg”.
- A DOC file containing the project statement (500 words max). This file must be named after the name of the project followed by the word “statement”. For example: “name_of_the_project-statement.doc”.
- A DOC file containing the entrants’ personal information, including name, profession, address, email and date of origination of the project. We are also interested in projects that were made several years ago. This file must be named after the name of the project followed by the word “info”. For example: “name_of_the_project-info.doc”.
- All the files must be placed in a ZIP folder named with the name of the project. For example: “name_of_the_project.zip”. This folder should NOT exceed 15mb size.
- We are also open to other kind of presentations ( videos, physical models..) if you consider estimated.
Eligibility & Conditions
- No registration fee is necessary
- This is an anonymous competition and the name of the project is the only means of identification.
- Architects, students, engineers, and designers are invited to participate in the competition as individuals or teams. Participants may submit various projects, but must submit each entry separately.
- The official language of the competition is English.
- Contacting the Jury is prohibited.
- Entrants will be disqualified if any of the competition rules are not considered.
- Social Cooperation Architects, as the competition organizer, reserves the right to submit modify the competition schedule if deemed necessary.
- Participation assumes acceptance of these regulations.
Social Cooperation Architects reserves the right to use the submitted content for publishing purposes of the Expo Milano 2015. Copyright regarding the proposals will remain property of the participants.
If you have questions regarding the competition, please contact email@example.com